Our goal in the Purchasing Office is to procure goods and services at the best value for the City of Eugene using the most efficient and effective methods possible. We do this while abiding by state and local rules & regulations as well. In order to maintain good stewardship of public funds and support City values, the City often considers equity and sustainability factors, as well as cost, when making purchases. To learn more about these factors, and find resources, visit the Sustainable Purchasing page or the Equity in Contracting page.
Find Bids & Proposals on ORPIN
The City of Eugene uses Oregon Procurement Information Network (ORPIN) to:
- notify vendors of contracting opportunities
- post bid and proposal documents
- post Notices of Intent for cooperative procurements and sole source purchases
- share opportunities and contract awards.
To be notified of opportunities vendors must register with ORPIN.
- Oregon Revised Statutes 279A, 279B, 279C
- City Code 2.1400-2.1450
- City of Eugene Public Contracting Rules
- Exhibit A, City of Eugene - Standard Contract Provisions (ORS Chapter 279B) Goods and Services Including Personal Services OTHER THAN Architects, Engineers, Land Surveyors on Public Improvements
- Exhibit A, City of Eugene - Standard Contract Provisions (ORS Chapter 279C) Services of Architects, Engineers, Land Surveyors and Related Consultants on Public Improvements Construction Services Labor and Services for Public Improvements and Public Works Subject to ORS 279C.800 to 279C.870
The Purchasing Office assists in the sale and disposal of City-owned goods and equipment. We utilize a variety of methods for selling items, including selling by online auction, fixed-price sales directly from the City, in-person auctions through a local vendor, and donating to non-profits or other local agencies. Please see the following resources for more information: