To provide an accessible, safe, impartial and responsive intake system for complaints against Eugene Police Department (EPD) employees and to ensure accountability, fairness, transparency and trust in the complaint system through the intake, classification, auditing and adjudication process of the complaint system; and to support and staff a civilian review board that monitors the work of the Police Auditor, reviews complaints cases and provides policy recommendations to the Eugene Police Department and the Police Commission.
The Police Auditor has three broad Mandates:
- to receive and classify complaints of police misconduct
- to audit the investigations based on these complaints
- to analyze trends and recommendation improvements to police services in the city
The Police Auditor responds to the scene of a critical incident such as an officer involved shooting, monitors the investigation of a critical incident and is a non voting member of the Use of Force Review Board.
The Police Auditor supports a Civilian Review Board which provides valuable input about the fairness, completeness and thoroughness of the investigative process. Ultimately, the goal of the Civilian Review Board is to make the system of police accountability more transparent and increase public confidence in the manner that police conduct their work. The Civilian Review Board consists of seven members from the community appointed by City Council.
The Office of the Police Auditor and the Civilian Review Board operate independently. We report directly to, and are funded by, the Eugene City Council. We are an independent, civilian entity performing oversight of the Eugene Police Department; neither our funding nor management overlap with EPD. No employee of the Auditor’s office is an employee of the Eugene Police Department.
The Police Auditor’s Office is located at 800 Olive Street. Complaints may be filed in person, on the website, by mail or email, telephone and through a third party.
Links to the Charter section and ordinance regarding the Police Auditor and the Civilian Review Board are available on this page. The Auditor’s Office publishes an annual report, weekly newsletter, and monthly minutes of the civilian review board. Additional links to organizations and information that may be helpful to you are also available.
Auditor’s Response to 2020 Protests
- Police Auditor Processing Several Complaints Related to EPD’s Response to Vehicle Collision at Protest on Sunday, June 29
- Auditor de la policía procesa varias quejas relacionadas con la respuesta de EPD a la colisión de un vehículo durante una protesta el domingo 29 de junio
- Update on Community Impact Case Related to EPD Response to May Demonstrations (July 1)
- Actualización sobre el caso de impacto comunitario relacionado con las acciones del Departamento de Policía de Eugene (EPD) durante las manifestaciones de mayo (1 de junio)
- Police Auditor Processing Dozens of Complaints Following Recent Demonstrations
- Auditor de la policía procesa decenas de quejas tras manifestaciones recientes
- June 15 Auditor Response to 2020 Protests
- Quejas relacionadas con las acciones de EPD durante las manifestaciones de mayo
Civilian Review BoardAugust 18, 2020 5:30 pm
1.Via Webinar: https://eugene-or-gov.zoom.us/j/95748623426
Webinar ID: : 957 4862 3426
2 Or Telephone:
Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
971 247 1195 669 219 2599 669 900 6833 720 928 9299 206 337 9723 213 338 8477 253 215 8782 346 248 7799 602 753 0140 312 626 6799 470 250 9358 470 381 2552 646 518 9805 651 372 8299 786 635 1003 929 205 6099 267 831 0333 301 715 8592
833 548 0282 877 853 5257 888 475 4499 833 548 0276
International numbers available: https://eugene-or-gov.zoom.us/u/abuvi0sLbp