Save a Search
What is a saved search?
Set up a saved search if you would like to be notified about the arrival of books or other items related to a certain topic, author, musician, etc.
You can also set up a Saved Search if you have filled out a Purchase Suggestion Form. You will be notified if and when we get the item, so that you can borrow it or place a hold request.
Creating a saved search
The first step is to search the catalog. Then you "save the search" in your account, so the catalog knows to send email alerts to you later. It’s easy – and fast – once you know how. Follow these steps:
- Using the Keyword Search tab, search for your item of interest, then click Go!
- On the new screen in the top left corner, click the blue button called Save Search.
- Enter your library card number and password.
- Click Log In.
- Enter a name for this Saved Search (such as "Documentary Films").
- Important: Uncheck the box next to "Email if no results" (if you leave this box checked, you will receive emails every week, whether there is news or not).
- Click Save Search.
To set up a saved search for something the Library doesn’t have yet, first search the catalog – even when you know the item isn’t in the catalog yet. Then follow the instructions above.
If and when this title is added to the Library’s catalog, you will be notified. Then you can place a Hold request for it. Remember to delete the saved search when you no longer need it.
How do I delete a saved search?
The catalog will continue to send you alerts about an item until you delete the saved search. Follow these steps:
- Log in to your Library account.
- Click Saved Searches.
- Click the box next to the saved search you wish to delete.
- Click Delete Selected Search.
- Confirm that you want to delete that saved search.
I set up a saved search and was never notified. What happened?
One possibility is that the Library was in the process of replacing the item. Replacement copies, when they arrive, don’t register with the system the way a new item does.
Is your saved search over two years old? The search will run 100 times, almost two years, if set to run weekly. To keep the search going, you must recreate it and delete the old one. If you don’t remember when you set up the saved search, look at the Last Run column. If it has been over two weeks, your search has likely hit the 100 limit.
If you created the saved search for an item you were recommending that the Library purchase, it’s possible that the Library decided not to purchase that item.