Chamber of Commerce
Lane Community College
University of Oregon
Travel Lane County
Electric Vehicle Parking
THINGS TO DO
Art in Public Places
Events - Eugene A Go-Go
Eugene / Springfield Museums
Hult Center for the Performing Arts
Parks and Open Space
Applications and Checklists
Review & Approval Times
Search Building Permits
Building Activity Reports
Eugene Property Explorer
Building and Permit Services
99 West 10th Avenue
Eugene, OR 97401
You are here:
Planning and Development
The issuance of a building permit ensures that appropriate plans have been reviewed and the resulting construction is inspected to satisfy local, State and Federal requirements to safeguard the public health, welfare and safety.
Types of Permits and Plan Review
Specialty (Trade) Permits
– Electrical, mechanical, and plumbing permits are typically issued over-the-counter.
– Simple projects such as a commercial re-roof or enlargement of a window may be issued over the counter.
- Some building permits can be applied for, reviewed, and issued the same day. Review our guidelines for the
residential express program
commercial express program
to determine if your project qualifies.
Standard Plan Review
– Most projects for new construction or building additions require submission of detailed plans to be reviewed by staff to verify compliance with codes.
- Permits requiring plan review can also be submitted online through
. Commercial, multi-family, residential, erosion prevention, and signs can be submitted electronically. For additional information regarding the eBuild application, refer to
How can you learn more?
Submit your question online
. Questions are usually answered within one business day.
– Phone calls are typically returned within one business day.
– Staff are available to answer questions regarding building, land use (zoning), and public works standards Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. No appointment is required.
- If you are working on a project and have questions, you can schedule a
to meet with key staff prior to submitting your application. Meetings are scheduled two weeks in advance. For phased projects, a project consultation is required prior to submitting an application. If you have questions regarding this service please contact our staff at 541-682-5505 or
The Permit and Information Center is located in the Atrium Building at 99 West 10th Avenue.
General Building FAQs
Commercial Building FAQs
Residential Building FAQs
Land Use FAQs
Building Permits and Selling Your Home FAQs
Site Development FAQs
CITY OF EUGENE OREGON
125 East 8th Avenue, 2nd Floor, Eugene, Oregon 97401
Ph: 541-682-5010 Fx: 541-682-5414
Powered by CivicPlus