Chamber of Commerce
Lane Community College
University of Oregon
Travel Lane County
Electric Vehicle Parking
THINGS TO DO
Art in Public Places
Events - Eugene A Go-Go
Eugene / Springfield Museums
Hult Center for the Performing Arts
Parks and Open Space
Eugene Police Department
300 Country Club Road
Eugene, OR 97401
You are here:
Prevention and Safety
Protect Your Home
Home Vacation Check
Home Vacation Check Program
Senior Patrol Volunteers work in pairs, drive specially marked police vehicles and wear uniforms that clearly identify them as police volunteers. They will park a discreet distance from your home whenever possible and will walk in to the property. Vacation checks are a free service which could not be offered by the Eugene Police Department without assistance from this volunteer team.
Volunteer at EPD
• For City of Eugene residents only.
• For vacations of a minimum 5 days and a maximum of 90 days (or 3 months).
• For residential properties only. Business locations, vacant properties, homes for sale and homes with a house sitter or other guest(s) staying in the home are not eligible for vacation checks.
Applications must be submitted at least one week before your departure.
If you submit your application on-line, you will receive a confirmation that the application has been received and will be processed. Telephone requests for vacation checks cannot be accepted.
• To report that you are home early or if you wish to extend your vacation check (90 days or 3 months max), please call Program Manager Debbie Janecek at (541)-682-2746.
• For tips on how to prepare your home before vacation, please see
. You can also contact your area Crime Prevention Specialist and request a free
Home Safety Inspection
Please fill-out the attached application as
completely and as detailed as possible
. The information you provide will help us reach you or your
Emergency Contact/Local Key Holder
should we run into a problem. Knowing these details will help us verify information and identify others who have access to your home. The information you provide will be safeguarded and kept confidential.
Home Vacation Check Application
For additional questions about this program, contact Program Manager Debbie Janecek by
or call 541-682-2746.
CITY OF EUGENE OREGON
125 East 8th Avenue, 2nd Floor, Eugene, Oregon 97401
Ph: 541-682-5010 Fx: 541-682-5414
Powered by CivicPlus